Tuesday 13 September 2011

What if you hate them?

Your main characters, I mean? I'm steadily working away at The Snow Fairy's Curse, and I've come to the rather annoying realisation that Jack, my hero-in-training, is... well... rather annoying. He's impulsive and immature. He doesn't think things through very much, and when he does, he usually allows fear to rule his actions.

I kinda wanted him to start the story immature so I could have him grow, but I didn't count on finding myself so impatient with him - especially as I'm the one in charge of his actions! Hopefully as the story continues, he'll man up (by which I mean, I'll make him man up), otherwise this could be one of those stories where everyone roots for the hero to die horribly. And that would be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment